Friday, April 12, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Here

It's Five Minute Friday time here in these parts again. The weekly moment where I write for five minutes without editing on a prompt from the lovely Lisa-Jo Baker. And while the writing is fun, the reading is even better. Women across the globe turn their screens into inkpads and scroll their words across them just to see how unique their fingerprints really are. And they are so unique. It's a blast. Come join us.

But for now. Today's prompt. Here.

GO

"Here. Take it."

Here isn't a place. Here is an offer.

"Here. It's for you."

Here is His offer to me.

"Take it. Take the toys on the shower floor. Take the toothpaste dried on his t-shirt. Take the tangles in the hair. The morning breath. The screams, cries, and stubborn stomps. Take them. The incessant barking. The poop on the bathroom floor. The loads of laundry. The dishes in the sink. Here, take the friends on facebook. Take the quiet moments in prayer. Take them. They are for you."

"Here. Take my body. Take my blood. Take me."

Here isn't a place. It's a gift. And who am I to refuse the Giver?

I echo Job in my soul. Should I not accept the good and the bad?

And is the bad really bad, or is it just viewed that way through fallen, too often ungrateful, eyes?

Here. He is here.

This is where He deigns to dwell.

STOP

7 comments:

  1. Visiting from 5MF. Amused to see that we both wrote about the hectic crazy way we start our mornings, and amazed (as always) at how different our perspectives are.

    Love your story and the way it shows you finding peace and perspective. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So enjoyed your 5MF post, Susan! Amazing differently God can speak the same love through similar circumstances:) God bless!

      Delete
  2. Yes yes yes.
    I have been SO whiny lately! Letting guilt, regret, shame, disappointment, frustration all overshadow all the "here's".
    It's this vicious cycle of feeling guilty for some imperfection in my life, then guilty that I'm complaining about it, etc...
    Thanks for the perspective shift this morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been there, Katy! Am there quite a bit, actually... That's what this writing thing is helping me with for sure- being thankful in the midst of it all.

      Delete
  3. This is a great "here" - so good to read. The reminder that "here" is a gift; an offer made from on high. Job is a good reminder - I know that my Redeemer lives. Bless you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks:) I need that reminder a lot- that this is a gift tight here. And that my redeemer lives!

      Delete

"And when they had read it, they rejoiced because of its encouragement."-Acts 15:31. Thanks for commenting!