Friday, April 5, 2013

Five-Minute Friday: After

Liso-Jo Baker has another Five Minute Friday for us and I sure am loving the writing. She gives the word and a whole bunch of us write about it for five minutes, with no editing or any such nonsense. People all over the world do this craziness. Then we climb around the blogosphere and encourage other writers. So fun! Click on the button on the bottom right and join us!

Today's prompt: After

--------

GO

A diagnosis and all of a sudden I am a living version of "The House that Jack Built." Only it's more like "This is the house that God built. This is the disease that ravaged the house that God built."

"This is the man that cared for the woman who had the illness that ravaged the house that God built."

For better or worse.

In sickness and in health.

And while I surely wonder what could possibly happen in our future, surely God would not ask us to carry this burden for a lifetime, I look at my husband and see what must be done.

We must live the lives God has given us.

After God has radically changed our hearts of stone. After He has brought us together in marriage. After He has walked us through pregnancy. After a painful chronic illness has been diagnosed.

Because we Christians live After lives. We live after the fall. After the crucifixion. AFTER the resurrection.

Who will roll the stone away? It's been done. We showed up AFTER the fact.

And all that is left is to remember that we are the After people. After-death and INTO Life.

Bless the Lord, O my soul.

STOP

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, thought-provoking post. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went through a time several months back when I asked God, "How do I function in this?"
    Because sometimes life hits so hard, we an barely catch our breathe. And He so clearly responded, "maintain your position, in spite of the opposition"
    That's what it is. Opposition. Whether sickness, financial problems, family issues... whatever we face is just opposition and obstacles. We can choose to grow through the process.

    My prayer is that God would strengthen you and your family. That you, too, would be able to maintain your position in spite of whatever comes your way.

    You said it beautifully.... Let's live in the after :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that quote on your blog, Darlene, and it really resonates with me. A fantastic mantra. Thank you for your encouragement!

      Delete
  4. Wow. Profound thoughts. I'm stumped what to say - that's beautiful and amazing.

    I hear your faith in your post. God speaks.

    Thanks you.
    Jenn
    May the Lord grant you the peace you need for coping and hopefully full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jenn. It is always my hope that God speaks not only to me, but through me. So glad His goodness shone through!

      Delete
  5. Yes, praise God that we do in deed live After type lives.

    ReplyDelete

"And when they had read it, they rejoiced because of its encouragement."-Acts 15:31. Thanks for commenting!