Friday, January 3, 2014

Five-Minute Fearless Friday: Fight

Fridays are Fearless days. Days to celebrate those who encourage me with their fearless moments. Days to reflect on the moments of the week that remind us why we need not fear.

Today's day of fearlessness also correlates well with the Five Minute Friday prompt: Fight. So I'm linking up again over at Lisa-Jo Baker's place to join some marvelous writers in five minutes of hard writing. At least I'll try to stick to five minutes. I tend to get carried away... No editing or going back. Just writing. Click on the button on the right and join us!

GO.

"I used to think God guided us by opening and closing doors, but now I know sometimes God wants us to kick some doors down." Bob Goff, Love Does


I'm starting to wish I could get more uncomfortable. Maybe it's because of books like Bob Goff's "Love Does" or Vince Antonucci's "Renegade." Maybe it is reading the Gospels and seeing just how uncomfortable Jesus made the religious folk and how comforting He was to the pariahs.

Maybe it's because I've realized that the light of Christ is to illuminate the darkness- meaning it has to go out and find the darkness. Maybe it's because none of my excuses for keeping Jesus hidden are legitimate because they all have to do with me- not Jesus. And when I ascribe any power to myself, fear creeps in.

Maybe it's because God promised a big family to a barren couple.

Maybe it's because God promised to crumble the walls of the most fortified city of the ancient world with just a few blasts of the brass.

Maybe it's because a virgin had a baby.

God delievered. Again. And again. And again.

He delivers every day of my life.

It's kind of addicting.

It makes me want to fight on God's side. It makes me want to see just how big His work becomes in the hands of the frail and feeble me, not for my glory, but for His. And for the sake of those lives, many or few, public or private, who come to faith.

God bless you, warriors of Love. Let's fight the good fight of faith and receive the crown He promised. Because our God always delivers and always wins.

STOP.

------

Not sure how long that actually took. Kids=blessed interruptions:)

12 comments:

  1. mmm ... We sure don't have to look far to see darkness. It is all around us ... and we have the LIGHT to conquer that darkness. We have Jesus to guide us ... and to share with others who are paralyzed in those darkest of places.

    Thank you for this offering today, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting me, Linda! So thankful for His light! God bless you:)

      Delete
  2. We're on the same page as we embark upon a new year. Be fearless! I'm gonna try : ) Visiting from FMF today...happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet! We'll try together and I look forward to visiting you back!

      Delete
  3. Love this... and oh my how I love Bob Goff and Love Does and how he actually lives what he writes! Visting from Lisa Jo's today and I'm so glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you visited! My hubs saw Goff and got the book and I stole it before he read it. That's how I roll:) he certainly is inspiring!

      Delete
  4. So great, L.R! I love Vince Antonucci and other authors (like Francis Chan) who challenge us to be uncomfortable and fight for Christ! Thankful I found you via FMF. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! So glad I found a friend in the uncomfortable:) thank you for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that quote from Bob Goff, that's the second time this week I've come across a quote from him, I think I must check him out :) Buckle up, bc God is going to do amazing things through you with Fearless! He will push you out of your comfort zone, humble you, and make you realize life really isn't about you at all! And that is where the courage comes from :)

    oh, yeah, and WAR EAGLE!!!! Can't wait for Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should TOTALLY check him out:) My husband was at an event he spoke at, and the guy is definitely like no one else. Glad to have some words of wisdom from someone who has taken a similar journey to what I'm embarking on! I'll be thinking of you on Monday when we watch the game!

      Delete
  7. A gift to find you over at Lisa-Jo's place. Praying that you will find even deeper meaning in the extraordinary promises of the Lord as He leads you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the infertility struggle - I decided in retrospect that God had to prepare me for this "big" family - to strengthen my endurance, my not give-up-ness. Oh, yes - I was unoomfortable and it stretched me - strengthened me to handle the challenges of all these boys He gave me! God has the plan, friend. He is not surprised - and He loves you so much! Wishing you strength and courage as the plan unfolds!

    ReplyDelete

"And when they had read it, they rejoiced because of its encouragement."-Acts 15:31. Thanks for commenting!