Sunday, November 17, 2013

Post of Praise and Whatnots

First of all, for any of you lovely people who prayed for me and my dear strong-willed child- THANK YOU! ThankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouTHANKYOU!

Really, the thanks goes to God, but I am so honored that you spoke to Him on our behalf. This past week, as well as today's worship service, went remarkably well. And while I'm not getting my hopes up, those glimmers of grace give me hope, and that is about the best gift I can receive. So thanks for devoting some of your precious time to lifting a sister up.

Whatnots-

I was published a few years back. Just a short devotion, but it. was. AWESOME. So, as I unloaded some of the Christmas stuff the other night (to dig out "Elf" because it's about time we watched that movie again) I found the book, A Cup of Comfort Book of Christmas Prayer, and got a bit giddy.


A collection of stories and devotions, the book takes you from December 1st through the Christmas season (that's into January) and into Epiphany. I'm on December 8th.

So, I was thinking Why not give it away? Not my copy, but surely I could buy one and do a giveaway on the blog. It would have to be short and quick to get the book out before December 1st. I hopped onto the internet and searched. As I scanned site after site one phrase haunted me - out of stock. Lame.

Here's the deal. If you want to read the book, there are some used options and the kindle edition. Either one I would totally recommend.

Otherwise, stick around. I'm keeping my eyes open for some good deals and cute gifts. We will have a giveaway in December, and I'm excited to shop for you!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a great book. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

"And when they had read it, they rejoiced because of its encouragement."-Acts 15:31. Thanks for commenting!