Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Until Tomorrow...

I haven't written much lately. When Lent commenced, I gave my pastor's-wife-self permission to cut my writing back to once a week. Enough to keep the juices flowing without being overwhelmed by the extra demands on my time, not to mention my husband's.

I've been juggling ideas, scenarios, parables in my head these past weeks and I really can't wait to share them with you! I thought today would be the day to regale you with the harrowing tale of my daughter's debacle in Chipotle over a lunchable.

But then I couldn't sleep last night, woke up multiple times, and felt my joints throb this morning before my feet hit the ground. And my toddler screams in defiance of me leaving her immediate vicinity.

Seems like all signs are pointing to "NO" for writing today...

Maybe tomorrow.

Until then I will remember that God gives me so many yeses. So when He says no to something, He has a really really good reason. It's so He can give me a better yes. I wouldn't be where I am today if God hadn't given me some very painful, but necessary, no's in my life. My body yells no, but I'm established in Christ- so in Him everything is yes.

I'm hoping for tomorrow. I'm hoping to get these thoughts onto the screen and out of my head. But if I don't, know that I think about you so often. I don't think about the blog itself, but about those of you who read these words and find here comfort and conviction. I pray for those of you who read and laugh, read and cry. My brothers and sisters in Christ.

So, until tomorrow...

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. 
Hebrews 13:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

"And when they had read it, they rejoiced because of its encouragement."-Acts 15:31. Thanks for commenting!